Making Friends
Just a quick story about Neeley and her attempt to make a new friend...
Neeley and JR walked to the park the other day to play in the snow (after the big snow storm!). They passed another little girl walking with her mommy. Neeley so badly wants to make new friends, so she said, "Hi!" Well, the girl was shy and did not respond back. Neeley cried as they passed...she was devastated that she had not made a friend. In her mind this little girl just didn't WANT to be her friend. I was crushed when JR and she got home and told me. We see lots of kids, but I think most of them are in some kind of day school...and with the cold, kids don't play outside much yet.
Pray for a short winter and good days to play and meet children. Pray that making friends will be easy for her as we get out more and find where the kids are (there are some in our building, I know). Pray that she will stay confident and expressive to others as her warmth tends to draw others to her. She is taking on the Big Apple with such confidence. She is adapting to being a "Big Girl" in the "Big City." We are so proud of her.
Neeley and JR walked to the park the other day to play in the snow (after the big snow storm!). They passed another little girl walking with her mommy. Neeley so badly wants to make new friends, so she said, "Hi!" Well, the girl was shy and did not respond back. Neeley cried as they passed...she was devastated that she had not made a friend. In her mind this little girl just didn't WANT to be her friend. I was crushed when JR and she got home and told me. We see lots of kids, but I think most of them are in some kind of day school...and with the cold, kids don't play outside much yet.
Pray for a short winter and good days to play and meet children. Pray that making friends will be easy for her as we get out more and find where the kids are (there are some in our building, I know). Pray that she will stay confident and expressive to others as her warmth tends to draw others to her. She is taking on the Big Apple with such confidence. She is adapting to being a "Big Girl" in the "Big City." We are so proud of her.


2 Comments:
We will certainly pray, Ginge. I'll send this to Julia so she can pray. She can certainly relate! May Neeley feel the tender touch of Jesus as she tries to make more friends.
Hi there Ginger Vassar I really liked your blog Making Friends , it was an informative read. Although it wasn't the exact topic I was searching for. I thought you might be interested in checking out my blog at http://mozilla-fox.blogspot.com .
All the best.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home