Thursday, August 25, 2005

Alarmed!

We were very alarmed last night. Not frightened or scared...just "alarmed"...literally! Seems someone parked on our street and thought that we were all going to try to steal his precious red Jeep Grand Cherokee during the night as it was tightly parallel parked between two other cars! So, we were literally alarmed between the hours of 1 AM and 5 AM. Four hours straight. We went to bed just before midnight for an hour rest...then for another short nap after 5 AM. We could not even doze off during those "fabulous" four hours! Ahh, the joys of city life--sharing small spaces with 216,999 other people in our little neighborhood.

Sometimes we love the city...Sometimes, well...not so much love! Don't ask me how I feel this morning. Ha Ha! I think ear plugs would be a good investment if I am going to maintain a deep compassion for this city...and get some sleep! Now I know why they call this city "the city that never sleeps!"

One more thing...seems the owner could not get the jeep started this morning. I guess the battery was a little drained after the long hours of alarming the neighborhood. (I did NOT do it...promise!).

2 Comments:

Blogger Kimberly Pearson said...

Ginger... sorry we keep missing each other. This week is crazy; we are in the middle of pi phi recruitment which makes for very early mornings and even later nights. Sounds like you didn't get much sleep last night either. We will chat probably and hopefully next week. I love you and well. . . I will tell you the rest when we get to speak! LOVE YOU!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

You know, if they could time that to begin at 6 or 6:30, that would be okay - snooze-be-gone!!!!!! UGH!!! Ann

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home