January 07: DISCIPLINE
We learned about a toughy this month!
Discipline-- doing what you need to do even when you don't feel like it.
Some things we worked on were getting dressed (Jud's picture putting on Daddy's shorts!); practicing piano (Neeley is learning and picking up on a lot of tunes by ear); sticking to gymnastics with consistency (Neeley sometimes gets tired of going to gymnastics practices each week but she's learning alot about commitment to finish what you start...she enjoys it, too); going potty by himself (Jud is "hit or miss" with his potty training, ha ha! but, he's getting better and better...he chose to wear his undies unconventionally here); and, finally, we worked on showing kindness to each other even when we don't feel like it! It does take discipline to focus on being kind to each other day in and day out...especially in the winter up here when you don't get out of your tiny apartment space as much! We need to do many things even when we don't feel like it. These are just some of the kids' areas, my list never changes: dishes, floors, bathroom, laundry, pick up toys, make beds, clean stove, cook, and then do it all over again. Discipline is a never ending process!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Discipline-- doing what you need to do even when you don't feel like it.
Some things we worked on were getting dressed (Jud's picture putting on Daddy's shorts!); practicing piano (Neeley is learning and picking up on a lot of tunes by ear); sticking to gymnastics with consistency (Neeley sometimes gets tired of going to gymnastics practices each week but she's learning alot about commitment to finish what you start...she enjoys it, too); going potty by himself (Jud is "hit or miss" with his potty training, ha ha! but, he's getting better and better...he chose to wear his undies unconventionally here); and, finally, we worked on showing kindness to each other even when we don't feel like it! It does take discipline to focus on being kind to each other day in and day out...especially in the winter up here when you don't get out of your tiny apartment space as much! We need to do many things even when we don't feel like it. These are just some of the kids' areas, my list never changes: dishes, floors, bathroom, laundry, pick up toys, make beds, clean stove, cook, and then do it all over again. Discipline is a never ending process!!!!!!!!!!!!!






6 Comments:
It was great seeing you on Sunday. Your kids are beautiful. It's so fun to see a snippet of your life from time-to-time.
Keep in touch!
Lesley
Hey Ginger...the kids are getting so big now! How are you guys doing? We recently sent you a newsletter to keep y'all updated. I put up updates at my blog from time to time also. Keep in touch. Blessings!
Hi Ginger,
It's been a long time since I worked with you and Gena at DBU..do you even remember me?? Anyway, I heard through the grapevine that you and JR planted a church in NYC so I googled you guys and found your blog via your church website. We have a good friend who pastors a church in Connecticut...so if you ever need a southern jolt, you should look them up.
We live in Colorado now and LOVE it. John works in publishing now but still gets to preach from time to time at our church.
Just wanted to say hello. Your children are beautiful and it looks like NYC agrees with you all.
Blessings,
Meredith Blase
coblases@netzero.net
Hello Vassars! We were excited to see your blog- Adaryll and JR worked together on some youth things a while back. Adaryll always really enjoyed working with JR. It is neat to see what yall have been up to!
In Him,
Jen and Adaryll Jordan
Jenibug7@aol.com
Hey Ginger! I don't know if you remember me or not. What am I saying? Of course you remember me! How could a twin forget another set of twins!!!
I heard JR's name advertised on a radio announcement for the YEC conference in the metroplex. I thought that name sounded familar, so I looking into it.
I see that you have been well! Way up in New York. That's a long ways from Texas.
How is Gina? I haven't talked to you ladies since college. Well, Mickey and I are both math teachers. I teach in Duncanville, and Mick teaches in Lancaster. Neither one of us is married...:(
Well, that's enough for now. I hope to hear back from you soon.
My email is: golfguy1970@sbcglobal.net
Mick's is: mrg_math@sbcglobal.net
From an old, old friend!
Ricky Griffin
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you get this . The email I have for you doesn't work anymore. Hope all is well. Have a good birthday.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home