Saturday, September 08, 2007

Keep Singin' Anyway

i asked jud if he wanted to pray over dinner. we bowed our heads and folded our hands. he burst into singing "happy birthday" as prayerfully as he could. very funny. neeley and i laughed pretty hard! then we sang our normal dinner prayer together. wrong song, jud. but i'm sure God enjoyed the sentiment!!!

Jud's 3rd day of Pre-K, he walked out after staying the whole class (first 2 days were filled with screaming & kicking), "I sing songs & I clap my hands! (clapping his hands fast)" --His teacher sings songs to help them transition from play to clean up to sitting on the rug... So, I guess her mission was accomplished, getting him to SIT down; & Jud's mission was also accomplished, having FUN!

Neeley writes lyrics and sings them to her own inventive, never-the-same-twice-in-a-row tunes. But, she sings them with gusto and confidence and expression. I really believe she hears herself as hannah montana! Gotta love these little concerts, though.

Ah...a musical mind. We'll see. If only I could play the tune of the Pied Piper and magically my kids would clean their room, pick up toys from the rest of the apartment, or use a kleenex to blow their nose, or flush the toilet! Oh well...I'll keep singing anyway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home