Leaves!
Summer finally leaves! They say around here that summer lingered way too long this year. It was an unusual September with the weather staying so warm--if you consider upper 80's to be hot! It is now consistently in the 70's each day and after this weekend should stay in the 60's, I think. Nice! This is the weather I've been waiting for. A TRUE FALL season. Never really saw a magnificent Fall Season in my home state of Texas--it's like you have a long, long summer...and then "FELL!" One day the leaves are gone. If you're from there, you understand! The leaves here are turning burnt oranges, dark browns, golden yellows, deep reds...some of my favorite cozy colors. The leaves here are HUGE! I took a picture of the kids' hands next to a giant leaf. Imagine seeing thousands of these giant leaves in the tree tops in an assortment of autumn colors. Beautiful!
As for me personally, I am finding my routine...my niche. Neeley started first grade last month and I am applying a nice, balanced schedule for my own week days. Routine is good. I am meeting more people and deepening relationships that had already begun here. A group of moms from Neeley's school has started a Mom's Night Out on the last Wednesday night of each month. We just went out for our first "Girls' Night" last week to a cool, hip, trendy Mexican restaurant in SoHo (lower east side). Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck had just been spotted eating there recently, too! Unfortunately, it was not while we were there! This is such a cool city! I am enjoying dressing for fall, too. I can actually wear LAYERS!!! I love dressing in coordinating layers...a blazer, trendy shirt, nice jeans (of course!!! love 'em!!!), and cool boots! This is all of my rambling for now! Just wanted to give you a feel for how things are going right now. Fall is wonderful...I'll be sad when Fall leaves!
As for me personally, I am finding my routine...my niche. Neeley started first grade last month and I am applying a nice, balanced schedule for my own week days. Routine is good. I am meeting more people and deepening relationships that had already begun here. A group of moms from Neeley's school has started a Mom's Night Out on the last Wednesday night of each month. We just went out for our first "Girls' Night" last week to a cool, hip, trendy Mexican restaurant in SoHo (lower east side). Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck had just been spotted eating there recently, too! Unfortunately, it was not while we were there! This is such a cool city! I am enjoying dressing for fall, too. I can actually wear LAYERS!!! I love dressing in coordinating layers...a blazer, trendy shirt, nice jeans (of course!!! love 'em!!!), and cool boots! This is all of my rambling for now! Just wanted to give you a feel for how things are going right now. Fall is wonderful...I'll be sad when Fall leaves!


1 Comments:
I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new season, both in your outfit and outlook. You go, autumn girl!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home