Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sewing Dates: for Haiti...hosted by Ginger, NYC, 3/20 & 3/23

Hello Friends,

For any who are interested, here are the dates that I am hosting to sew for the orphanage in Haiti, Real Hope for Haiti.  The orphanage has had an influx of children since the quake and has big need for dresses, diapers, and nanny aprons.  Come to one of the dates that works for you, but please let me know which one.  Thanks!  I have supplies and we can just chip in a minimal donation to cover expenses.  I did not spend much since I was happy to find some great fabrics (instead of pillow cases) to cut down on cost and be able to sew more things.  (If you have stuff already, feel free to bring it.)  If you have **scissors and thread, bring some...or any ribbons suitable to make shoulder ties for dresses/aprons.  I bought some, but some variety of colors/types may be nice.  Don't feel like you have to go out and buy...just bring what you have.  It doesn't take much per dress/apron.

**if you have fabrics or pillow cases, feel free to bring them.  Some of you may have already got some things before this email.  I have enough to make about 5 nanny aprons and 10 dresses.  Just let me know if you have any questions.  Happy to help direct you.

Saturday 10am-12:30pm, 3/20
Tuesday 7:30pm-10pm, 3/23

Reply back for details of my location or number...we are on the UES.

Thanks!  I'm excited to see how this works out. 
Ginger

Posted via email from Ginger Vassar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home