You will not dishonor God by serving best those you are called to most--Why I serve my family...
You will not dishonor God by serving best those you are called to most.I am called to serve most those whom God has placed directly in my care. As mom & wife, my children and husband are in my direct care. I do not exclude my service from others outside of my home. But this does not mean that I load the world on my shoulders to my family's neglect. So, what is my part, what is God enabling me to do to take part in His larger work? I see that a Christ-centered mom has 2 realms of service. There is a homeward call and a universal call to serve God. Our homeward call is to teach and train our children in the Word, to meet their needs, to pray for them, to point them to their need of a Savior. We are also to honor our husband by loving him well. We can love our husbands well because we are Bride of Christ, we are cherished perfectly by Him first and foremost. This enables me to be readily forgiving and loving towards my husband. The universal call is to lend help out of your skills and abilities to anyone along the way. I should not withhold good from others when it is in my power to give it (Proverbs 3:27). I am always discerning what the phrase "in my power to give" means for me in each phase of my life with children and husband. My ability to give of my time may grow larger as my children grow up. Life is full of seasons, some allow more freedom of myself and my time, others are more consuming. Walk in grace during the busy times, not ignoring the needs of others but rightly doing what "is in your power" to do at that time. In both realms of our calling, homeward & universal, do not neglect to be faithful in the daily ins and outs...changing diapers, cleaning a sink, fixing dinners, packing lunches, washing clothes, scrubbing stains, handling sibling arguments, patching up a skinned knee, wiping a tear, rocking a crying baby... You CAN glorify God in the mundane. Ministry happens BOTH in the mundane and the monumental. Ephesians 5:16, make the most of EVERY opportunity. Keep going, pesevere...if you are not faithful in the mundane you may miss the monumental. I'm not so sure Jesus ever drew a line distinguishing the two, He served God in all things. His consistent obedience in all things at all times proved to be monumental. Do what is in your power to do, give what is in your power to give within the context of each season of your life. Galations 6:9, " Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. "
Labels: Faith, motherhood


2 Comments:
I really needed this post! I get so bogged down in the every day, mundane "tasks." I need to remember that this is the ministry that I am called to - and to do it fully to God's glory.
www.dixondialogue.com
I TOTALLY agree with your post. Very well put!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home