Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Good Quote

My last day in Rockwall, I went out with Tammy Shumake ("You're a good friend, Shumake!"). We went to the French Pear and ate lunch together and sipped coffee. I read a great quote while we were there that kinda hit me. I had to share it with you guys. It encouraged me in light of my move and feelings associated with it. I hope that it encourages you all too!

"We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes."--John F. Kennedy

That still resonates in my mind. My fears are so small compared to the infathomable hope that Christ gives me. I also recall that "faith is the substance of things hoped for...the evidence of things not seen." I was glad to see that quote. It was meaningful and timely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary DeMuth said...

Great quote, Ginge.

I love the ending of Strictly Ballroom when the father tells the son, "We lived our lives in fear." So much of life is spent holding back because of fear. I'm thankful you're pursuing your hopes.

Patrick and I chatted about you and JR today. We hope all is well and would love to connect again soon.

Warmly,
your french friend.

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home