Chicken Little in Macy's Parade
We braved the cold and went to the west side of Central Park where the balloons are prepared the night before the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. We thought that most of the people would stay in and wait for the next day...for the "real deal" parade. Hmm. We were mistaken. So, we found ourselves shuffling down the sidewalk beside the balloons that were tied to the ground. We folded up the stroller and carried it (it has a shoulder strap) and put Jud on JR's shoulders. Neeley tried to get as many glimpses as she could at her just over 3 1/2 foot height. Here she is standing by the Chicken Little balloon. You can see just how huge it is...Neeley was just about 10 feet in front of it. This is Chicken Little's eyebrow and green glasses. It was a New York experience...one that ALL of New York partook of at once. We opted to stay home and watch the parade on TV on Thanksgiving Day with all of the broadcasters and exciting shows aired. It was neat seeing the same balloons on TV and knowing just how big they really are! Very cool.



2 Comments:
WOW - I am in AWE at all these posts since the last time I visited!!! Go girl go!!!
I Love all the fun family photos!! How cool to actually see the Macy's Parade Balloons upclose and personal like...although some what scary had how big they actually are...hee hee...I am glad you guys had fun seeing all the balloons - must create such a sense of 'wonder' for you and your kids.
I can't wait to read the other posts too! Thanks for blogging!
Soooo fun :) Ya'll are so perfect for NYC!!! I think Emily has stopped saying, "I miss my friend, Neeley who moved to New York. I want to go visit my friend, Neeley. Mommy, when are we going to go to New York and visit Neeley!" I know their paths crossed little, but Emily gets so emotionally involved in the details of life :) VERY precious to watch how she loves and cares . . . and she enjoyed seeing all your pics with me today :) (Hannah was sleeping on the couch trying to regain strength after throwing up for quite awhile :(
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home