Monday, December 21, 2009

Our Advent Shrinky Dinks...FUN!

I posted a few days ago about our family tradition of teaching the stories
each night of Advent.  We read a devotional about Jesus' lineage traced
through Bible stories and hang an ornament that helps tell the story. Here
is a sampling of how we made our ornaments for anyone interested.  We had so
much fun.  It was work finding the images online and cut n pasting them to
print out the right size, but it paid off.  I don't mind sharing the images
with you if anyone needs them. I printed them onto inkjet shrinky dink film.
You will see in the pictures that the kids used sharpies to color the
images. All 3 kids helped (even my 18 month old)! I cut them out and punched
a hole for the ribbon. Then we watched them shrink in the oven.  This still
makes me "ooo and ahh" every time I watch it...ever since I was a kid!
Amazing and fun!  NOTE: Our "Lamb" was not pure white...my son chose to make
him red, pink, black and purple.  But, oh what memories we will share each
year when we pull the precious lamb out to hang! Hope you have fun browsing.
I mentioned (and put a link) the book we use for the family devotions in my
earlier post as well.  I highly recommend adopting this advent routine into
your family.

Posted via email from Ginger Vassar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home