Sunday, August 01, 2010

Piece by Peace...

If you were to walk down our one tiny hallway in our little apartment, you'd notice a wall of photos of our kids.  In the middle of one collage of baby portraits of each of our 3 kids, you'd see a shiny white ceramic cross.  In the middle of that cross is a silver plaque with "Peace" engraved on it.  I am not sure when it happened, but over a big move and unpacking it, the silver plaque "Peace" fell off.  In a hurry to just get settled and get our pictures on the wall, I grabbed a strip of scotch tape, slapped the "Peace" plaque back on the cross & hung it on the wall as the focal point of our collage. There, I was all done!

Now, every time I walk down my hall I can't help but chuckle inside.  It's been a year and a half since I taped the "peace" on...it's still there.  I had every intention of gluing it back on permanently and taking the obvious scotch tape off.  As time goes on, I have actually enjoyed seeing "peace" taped onto our collage focal point.  It reminds me that peace in our home is something we have to pray for and teach...it takes some effort to hold it all together.  That little piece of tape holds our "peace" together.  Sometimes, just a nice word, nice deed, or setting aside my own preferences is that little piece that holds our peace. 

We've adopted a family verse in our home...Philippians 2:3-4 "Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."

We hope to see this attitude in our home piece by peace...

Posted via email from Ginger Vassar

3 Comments:

Blogger Belinda said...

I love the verse. I love the piece of tape. I love the post.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Becksta said...

I second that- love this :)

4:43 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

good words.thks

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home