Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Taxi Ride

I miss my sister, my family, my friends.

I rode in the taxi with Gena to take her to the airport. Sending her home was hard. Silent ride--except for a few attempts at being funny to break the tension of what we knew was about to happen. Humor didn't help. Even in silence we communicated so much.

She stayed for 5 days. Not long enough. Five weeks would have been too short. The goodbye was difficult. I helped her out of the cab with her luggage, watched her check in, and stood with her until the last second before she needed to walk through the security area. Looking back. That's what was torture...each time she looked back at me. She got further and further until I could no longer see her.

I rode alone in the taxi back home. Silent ride.


I love you, sis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home