How my son shows love
I'm always learning more about how little boys show love to their moms. The way I want him to show love is just to say sweetly with cute eyes looking up at me, "I love you, Mommy!" Followed by a short and simple hug.
That just doesn't happen.
I've made it a matter of prayer lately. Yesterday I prayed that God would enable my son to express and communicate love to others, including me...especially to me. Not entirely a selfish prayer, since I really long to see God express His love through my children. If they can express love easily inside our home, then I can begin to see true expressions of love to others outside our home as well. But, hugs, "I love you's", and spontaneous sweetness cannot be coersed or requested, particularly from my little boy. The essence of freely giving love is removed and the joy in receiving is diminished.
A breakthrough happened in direct answer to my prayer. Fast forward to the afternoon, my son and I were on the couch while he rested after a long day of school. He simply moved my knees closer to him, moved my hands out of the way and laid his head down on my lap.
No words. None needed.
He communicated his love. He was comforted and so was I.
I can rest in that.
Today, that was a gift.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home