Arrivals and Departures
Life is about a series of "Arrivals" and "Departures." My sister shared these thoughts with me in a note I found after getting home from sending her off at the airport. Our current phase of these arrivals and departures relate to our move.
Departure--Goodbye to closeness in miles; convenience of visits; familiarity; our usual way of life...
Arrival--Hello to closeness of heart; specially made memories and times together; change, change, and more change...
I guess I could add the following now: Departure--Goodbye to one-stop shopping, hop in your car and take it all home... Arrival--Hello to specially planned shopping trips to a particular side of town, hop in a bus or subway or taxi and wait for it to be delivered to my home... Ha Ha!
I am learning in the big city, surprisingly, to slow down. Things are not as instantaneous here in the city...delayed gratification and patience is a big lesson. I am surrounded by a plethera of conveniences and almost everything I need, but relying on delivery services sometimes puts things just out of my "now" time frame!
I am loving life in NY. Life will be a big adjustment, but one worth making.
Departure--Goodbye to closeness in miles; convenience of visits; familiarity; our usual way of life...
Arrival--Hello to closeness of heart; specially made memories and times together; change, change, and more change...
I guess I could add the following now: Departure--Goodbye to one-stop shopping, hop in your car and take it all home... Arrival--Hello to specially planned shopping trips to a particular side of town, hop in a bus or subway or taxi and wait for it to be delivered to my home... Ha Ha!
I am learning in the big city, surprisingly, to slow down. Things are not as instantaneous here in the city...delayed gratification and patience is a big lesson. I am surrounded by a plethera of conveniences and almost everything I need, but relying on delivery services sometimes puts things just out of my "now" time frame!
I am loving life in NY. Life will be a big adjustment, but one worth making.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home