Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Proud Publisher


IMG_0010
Originally uploaded by gingervassar.
Neeley's 1st grade class had a Publishing Party. The kids read to the parents a nice piece they have written with their own illustrations. Then, we look back at their first story written back in September. What a huge difference! The handwriting, the spelling, the drawings are all so improved. Neeley adds dialogue and lots of details in her stories. I hope she always loves to write. She tells neat stories. I love her perspective on things. Here, she told a story about going to the fair (in Texas) with "Dad Dad" and Grandma Glo. She wrote about the ferris wheel and being scared of the "spring man." I believe the spring man must have been an actor dressed up in the Michelin Tire Man suit walking around the fair. I'm not sure. Evidently there was something that looked like springs walking around causing histeria in the children?! Her story was very expressive about this character. I was tickled to hear her tell all about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home